StewMac Neck Shims for Bass, Shaped - 6 Pack of 0.25 Degree Shims
StewMac Neck Shims for Bass, Shaped - 6 Pack of 0.25 Degree Shims by StewMac at Musica Five. MPN: AN2131-025-6PACK. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. SAVE WHEN YOU BUY A 6 PACK!Tapered maple shims used to change the angle of a bolt-on neck.To change the angle of a bolt-on neck, players and repair
SAVE WHEN YOU BUY A 6 PACK!
Tapered maple shims used to change the angle of a bolt-on neck.
To change the angle of a bolt-on neck, players and repair shops have used shims for years. We've seen everything from matchbook covers to guitar picks stuck in neck joints.
Those kinds of shims create an unwanted gap under the heel of the neck: a dead air space where humidity condenses to swell the wood. As Dan Erlewine describes in his Guitar Player Repair Guide:
"This gap may cause an upward kink in the neck. And many players feel they lose tone unless firm contact is maintained between the neck and the body."
Dan creates tapered shims that cover the entire heel of the neck. With these ready-made shims, that work is done for you. Attention repair shops: Making a quality shim takes time. Keep these on hand for a quick turnaround on this common repair.
These shaped shims fit most neck pockets with a rounded heel. They offer full contact and are precisely tapered.
This set includes 6 (six) 0.25-degree hard maple shims for changing the pitch of any bolt-on neck. Shims of this size taper offer the most versatility – stacking them will let you really dial in the neck angle you're after.
- Dimensions: 2-1/2" x 3-7/8" (63.50mm x 98.43mm)
- Taper specs (approximate): 0.25-degree shims taper from 0.030" to 0.019" (0.76mm to .048mm)
Features & Highlights
- Used to change the angle of a bolt-on bass neck
- Made of solid maple to match the guitar neck
- Better than the typical homemade "guitar pick" neck joint shims, which create an unwanted gap, these tapered shims cover the entire heel of the neck
- Keep these on hand for a quick turnaround on this common repair
- Set includes 6 (six) 0.25-degree hard maple shims; this taper offers the most versatility - stacking them will let you really dial in the neck angle you're afte